Siegen & Hamburg, Germany
eleQtron develops and operates full-stack quantum computers based on trapped-ion technology. Quantum computing is a new computing paradigm rapidly approaching commercial viability. Our unique approach combines trapped ions with microwave control and tailored magnetic fields. Our next-generation computing machines under development will be able to find solutions to problems that are out of reach today, thus enabling new innovative products and services for a brighter future.
We are looking for an ELECTRICAL ENGINEER INTERN.
Responsibilities/What will you be doing?
You will be part of cross-functional teams whose mission is to enable developing the world’s best quantum computers. You will work closely with our international teams of physicists. As an electrical engineer intern, you would work on one or more of these tasks, depending on your previous qualification:
- High frequency technology (GHz) and near-field antennas
- Chip integration of various ion-manipulating signals (DC, HF, magnetic fields, laser)
- Electronic circuit design
- Electric cabinet construction.
- Control technology
- Electrical safety requirements and Electromagnetic compatibility
- Creation of industrial circuit diagrams and parts lists for integration into an ERP.
- Radiofrequency (MHz – GHz) electronics
- Set-up and automation of electronic feedback and control systems
- Assembly of electronic boards and subsystems
- Electronics testing and debugging
Required/What skills do you need?
- completed BSc/BEng in Electrical engineering or close to examination.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of electronics (transistors, diodes, op amps, active/passive filters, and DC-DC convertors)
- Practical experience using oscilloscopes, signal generators, power supplies, and meters.
- Experience in CAE Tools (ePlan, WSCAD or similar)
- Demonstrated industry or research experience.
- Experience with mechanical design for electronics
- Experience with Digital-to-Analogue-Converters and/or low noise electronics.
- Independent mindset, readiness to learn and to apply new software and hardware skills.
- Written and oral communication skills.
What you can expect from eleQtron
- eleQtron is a young startup with a unique agile and flexible working style. We encourage our team to think outside the box and provide access to high quality infrastructure, lab space, offices and meeting rooms. We strive for an open atmosphere in which developing and commercializing world leading ion trap based quantum computers is not only possible, but fun.
- As a young organization, eleQtron provides excellent opportunities for self-development and room for growth.
- Work on the forefront of technology, where academic research meets commercial applications!
- Siegen is a vibrant college town in west Germany surrounded by wooded hills offering ample opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts.
Send in your application with CV and other documents to firstname.lastname@example.org