Website eleQtron GmbH
eleQtron develops and operates full-stack quantum computers based on trapped-ion technology.
Hamburg & Siegen, DE
eleQtron develops and operates full-stack quantum computers based on trapped-ion technology. Quantum computing is a new computing paradigm rapidly approaching commercial viability. Our unique approach combines laser-cooled trapped ions with microwave control and tailored magnetic fields. Our next-generation computing machines under development will be able to find solutions to problems that are out of reach today, thus enabling new innovative products and services for a brighter future.
We are looking for a Software Engineer, Hardware control Software.
Responsibilities/What will you be doing?
You will be part of a team with a mission to develop, set up and operate our trapped-ion quantum computers and relevant test devices. You will collaborate closely with our international team of physicists and engineers from different disciplines. Depending on your level of experience, you will work on one or more of the following tasks:
- Implement hardware controls for lab devices in Python.
- Gather and analyze inputs from hardware engineers to turn them into software specifications.
- Develop, and implement the CI/CD/automated testing strategy for our quantum computer subsystems.
- Test quantum computer subsystems at device level by creating and using software mockups, hardware interfaces, and automated control of analog and digital test equipment.
- Develop modularized, scalable software components
- Collaborate with quantum physicists, and engineers with diverse background.
Required/What skills do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in Computer Science, Physics, or Electrical Engineering.
- 3+ years of test automation in a CI/CD environment, (Experience with version control software (Git SCM, Gitlab).
- Strong experience with at least one general purpose programming language, such as Python, C++.
- You can fluently communicate and write in English.
- You are creative and enjoy working in a multicultural and interdisciplinary team.
- Communication skills in German would be desirable.
- 3+ years of backend software engineering experience using a general-purpose language like Python, C++ (useful skills: device I/O, concurrent programming, algorithms and data structures, API design).
- 3+ years’ experience with the full software development lifecycle, including design, implementation, testing, operations, and maintenance.
- Experience with hardware control (e.g., firmware).
- D. or MSc. in computer Science, Physics or related field.
- Experience in an industrial R&D environment.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary: We value our team members and therefore provide remunerations that reflect this, additionally rewarding particular achievements (55.000 € — 75.000 €).
- Employee participation: Our team can share in the company’s success through an attractive Virtual Stock Option Plan (VSOP).
- Flexible working hours: We offer personal freedom through a variety of flexible work schedules.
- Professional development: We encourage and financially support individual professional development.
- Moving benefits: We will give you a warm welcome! We are happy to support employees who move to Germany with a bonus.
- Team spirit: In our international and diverse team, and with our regular team events, having fun at work is simply part of the game!
- Further development: We want to grow together and so we offer our team member’s needs-based, individualized further training as well as plenty of room for personal development.
- Well-secured: We take care of your company pension scheme and offer you a healthcare package.
- At the forefront: Work at the forefront of technology, where academic research meets commercial applications.
- Modern workplace: We have a high-quality infrastructure with laboratory space, offices and meeting rooms.
What you can expect from eleQtron
- eleQtron is a young startup with a unique and flexible working style through our adoption of the agile methodology. We encourage our team to think outside the box and provide access to high quality infrastructure, lab space, offices, and meeting rooms. We strive for an open atmosphere in which developing and commercializing world leading ion-trap-based quantum computers is not only possible, but fun.
- As a young organization, eleQtron has a flat hierarchy which provides excellent opportunities for self-development and room for growth. Our employees have a high degree of freedom and encouragement to contribute ideas and strategies.
- Work at the forefront of technology, where academic research meets commercial applications.
Send in your application with CV and other documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit the form, Google reCAPTCHA must be loaded.