Siegen or Hamburg, Germany
eleQtron develops and operates full-stack quantum computers based on trapped-ion technology. Quantum computing is a new computing paradigm rapidly approaching commercial viability. Our unique approach combines laser cooled trapped ions with microwave control and tailored magnetic fields. Our next-generation computing machines under development will be able to find solutions to problems that are out of reach today, thus enabling new innovative products and services for a brighter future.
We are looking for a MICROWAVE/RF ENGINEER
Responsibilities/What will you be doing?
You will be part of a team with a mission to develop, set up and operate our trapped-ion quantum computers and relevant test devices. You will collaborate closely with our international team of physicists and engineers from different disciplines. Depending on your qualification you will work on one or more of the following tasks:
- Design concept and detailed design solutions for applying microwave fields onto trapped Ions in the near field regions within a cryogenic environment.
- RF Field Simulations of multiple nearfield antenna models and optimizing design to fulfill product requirements.
- Collaboration with mechanical design of traps in regard to microwave field constrains.
- Layout of low level RF signal processing chain. (Signal generation, processing and amplification)
- Developing testing strategies for microwave fields within the Ion Trap.
- Prepare test reports and maintain test records of electronic circuits and verification/characterization tests.
- Layout of electrical schematics and electric rack design.
- Maintenance of electrical bill of materials.
- Help with quick proof of concepts and feasibility discussions.
- Test and verify electromagnetic compatibility.
Required/What skills do you need?
- B.Sc./B.Eng. in electrical engineering or related field
- Excellent understanding of the fundamentals of Microwave and RF field in the UHV and SHV region.
- You have good communication and writing skills in English
- You can create something new and enjoy collaboration in a multicultural and interdisciplinary team
- Experience with electrical CAE Tools (ePlan, WSCAD or similar)
- Experienced in usage of COMSOL and/or CST Microwave Studio.
- Experience with arbitrary waveform generation and multi-level modulation
- 2+ years of experience in an engineering or R&D environment or MSc
- A background in one of RF Engineering, Research, Metrology, Instrumentation
- Experience with the simulation of near fields and waveguides
- Experience with mechanical design for electronics
- Experience with digital, analogue, and/or low noise electronics
- Experience of FPGAs and real-time processing systems
- Understanding of signal integrity, high speed digital, EMC
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary: Good payment is a matter of course for us. We additionally reward particular achievements
- Employee participation: Our team can participate in the company’s success through an attractive Virtual Stock Option Plan (VSOP)
- Flexible working hours: We offer personal freedom through a variety of working time models
- We encourage and financially support individual professional development
- Moving Benefits: A warm welcome! We are happy to support employees who move for us with a bonus
- Team spirit: In our international and diverse team, having fun at work is simply part of the game. And beyond that: Everyone always looks forward to our regular team events
- Further development: We want to grow together and offer our team members` needs-based, individual further training as well as plenty of room for personal development
- Ph.D. on the Job: Work energetically and earn your doctorate on the side? We make it possible
- Well-secured: We take care of your company pension scheme and offer your health promotion measures
- At the forefront: Work on the forefront of technology, where academic research meets commercial applications
- Modern workplace: A high-quality infrastructure with laboratory space, offices and meeting rooms is naturally part of eleQtron
What you can expect from eleQtron
- eleQtron is a young startup with a unique agile and flexible working style. We encourage our team to think outside the box and provide access to high quality infrastructure, lab space, offices and meeting rooms. We strive for an open atmosphere in which developing and commercializing world leading ion-trap-based quantum computers is not only possible, but fun
- As a young organization, eleQtron has flat hierarchies, which provide excellent opportunities for self-development and room for growth. Our employees have a high degree of freedom to contribute ideas and strategies
- Work on the forefront of technology, where academic research meets commercial applications
Send in your application with CV and other documents to apply@eleQtron.com