Quantum Algorithm Developer
eleQtron develops and operates full-stack quantum computers based on trapped-ion technology. Quantum computing is a new computing paradigm rapidly approaching commercial viability. Our unique approach combines laser-cooled trapped ions with microwave control and tailored magnetic fields. Our next-generation computing machines under development will be able to find solutions to problems that are out of reach today, thus enabling new innovative products and services for a brighter future.
We are looking for a Quantum Algorithm Developer
Responsibilities/What will you be doing?
You will be part of a team with a mission to develop, set up and operate our trapped-ion quantum computers and relevant test devices. You will collaborate closely with our international team of physicists and engineers from different disciplines. Depending on your level of experience, you will work on one or more of the following tasks:
- Implementing techniques for gate decomposition and optimization on Hardware
- Implementing software to generate optimized gate sequences for the ion trap
- Experience with writing codes that can be utilized by others.
- Have up-to-date knowledge of the state-of-the-art ongoing research in different Quantum platforms for Benchmarking.
- Architecture and strategy development of the Ion-Trap compiler
- Contribute to the team’s research and development in quantum algorithms for future applications.
Required/What skills do you need?
- PhD or master’s degree in Quantum Information Processing (QIP), Physics (theoretical), mathematics, or software engineering related subject with a focus on quantum computation.
- Deep understanding of at least one of the Quantum computing technologies (atoms, ions, superconducting qubits, etc.)
- Deep understanding of Quantum Computation and Quantum Information Processing
- Programming skills, in particular Python
- Ability to work self-initiated and independently, convey research papers to code.
- Relevant experience in Quantum Error Correction Codes and/or stabilizer codes, Hybrid Quantum algorithms (QAOA, VQE, etc.,), Annealing Techniques, and/or gate optimization techniques
- Familiarity with key quantum algorithm building blocks (QPE, QFT) and their integration into established algorithms.
- A proven record of publication in quantum physics and/or quantum information processing
- Fluency in English
What we value:
- Experience with applications such simulating quantum systems, numerical simulating differential equation, machine learning, and/or optimization.
- Familiarity with the implementation of quantum algorithms on quantum hardware or at least have experience with Quantum Simulator
- Programming skills in relevant tools such as Qiskit, Cirq, Pytket, QuTip, etc.
- German skills are a plus but not required.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary: We value our team members and therefore provide remunerations that reflect this, additionally rewarding particular achievements.
- Employee participation: Our team can share in the company’s success through an attractive Virtual Stock Option Plan (VSOP).
- Flexible working hours: We offer personal freedom through a variety of flexible work schedules.
- Professional development: We encourage and financially support individual professional development.
- Team spirit: In our international and diverse team, and with our regular team events, having fun at work is simply part of the game!
- Further development: We want to grow together and so we offer our team members’ needs-based, individualized further training as well as plenty of room for personal development.
- Well-secured: We take care of your company pension scheme and offer you a healthcare package.
- At the forefront: Work at the forefront of technology, where academic research meets commercial applications.
- Modern workplace: We have a high-quality infrastructure with laboratory space, offices and meeting rooms.
What you can expect from eleQtron:
- eleQtron is a young startup with a unique and flexible working style through our adoption of the agile methodology. We encourage our team to think outside the box and provide access to high quality infrastructure, lab space, offices, and meeting rooms. We strive for an open atmosphere in which developing and commercializing world leading ion-trap-based quantum computers is not only possible, but fun.
- As a young organization, eleQtron has a flat hierarchy which provides excellent opportunities for self-development and room for growth. Our employees have a high degree of freedom and encouragement to contribute ideas and strategies.
Send in your application with CV and other documents to email@example.com