Website eleQtron GmbH
eleQtron develops and operates full-stack quantum computers based on trapped-ion technology. Quantum computing is a new computing paradigm rapidly approaching commercial viability. Our unique approach combines laser-cooled trapped ions with microwave control and tailored magnetic fields. Our next-generation computing machines under development will be able to find solutions to problems that are out of reach today, thus enabling new innovative products and services for a brighter future.
We are looking for a Quantum Optimization Engineer.
You will be part of a team with a mission to develop, set up and operate our trapped-ion quantum computers and relevant test devices. You will collaborate closely with our international team of physicists and engineers from different disciplines. Depending on your level of experience, you will work on one or more of the following tasks:
- Contribute to our strategy and roadmap for implementing QCVV within eleQtron to characterize, quantify, and benchmark our trapped-ion quantum computers or relevant components
- Execute benchmarking routines and simulations for our internal requirements
- Understand quantum computer architectural components and their features, as well as performance estimation methodologies to provide required information and performance assessments for benchmarks on our systems and competitive systems
- Work closely with our hardware, software, and quantum software teams toward quantum supremacy and fault-tolerance quantum computers.
- Collaborate with our R&D teams and research institutes to identify and implement error mitigation and error suppression strategies
- Stay up to date with the most recent advancements in the field by engaging in literature reviews and participating in conferences
- Engage in industrial and academic collaborations
- Generate reports and provide insights on performance and benchmark-related topics to internal/external stakeholders and our management team
- PostDoc or PhD in Theoretical or Experimental Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, or other related fields with a focus on quantum computing and quantum information (or demonstrated industrial experiences)
- 3+ years of experience programming with Python or another high-level language
- In-depth knowledge and hand-on experiences of benchmarking and characterization of quantum computing machines
- Strong understanding of ion traps and related components
- Proven track record of scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals in the areas of quantum benchmarking or quantum and classical noise characterization
- Experience in atomic, molecular, and optical physics experiments (laser cooling, laser spectroscopy)
- Hand-on experience in operation of other quantum computing platforms, for example, superconducting qubits, spin qubits, Vacancy-center systems, photonics
- Independent mindset, readiness to learn and to apply new techniques
- Fluent communication in English
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary: We value our team members and therefore provide remunerations that reflect this, additionally rewarding achievements.
- Employee participation: Our team can share in the company’s success through an attractive Virtual Stock Option Plan (VSOP).
- Flexible working hours: We offer personal freedom through a variety of flexible work schedules.
- Team spirit: In our international and diverse team, and with our regular team events, having fun at work is simply part of the game.
- Further development: We want to grow together and so we offer our team members’ needs-based, individualized further training as well as plenty of room for personal development.
- Wellness Package: We offer health-promoting benefits such as fitness programs like UrbanSportsClub and EGYM Wellpass to support your well-being.
- Moving Benefits: A warm welcome! We are happy to support employees who move for us with a bonus.
- Ph.D. on the Job: Work energetically and earn your doctorate on the side? We make it possible.
- At the forefront: Work at the forefront of technology, where academic research meets commercial applications.
- Modern workplace: We have a high-quality infrastructure with laboratory space, offices, and meeting rooms.
What you can expect from eleQtron:
- eleQtron is a young startup with a unique and flexible working style through our adoption of the agile methodology. We encourage our team to think outside the box and provide access to high quality infrastructure, lab space, offices, and meeting rooms. We strive for an open atmosphere in which developing and commercializing world leading ion-trap-based quantum computers is not only possible, but fun.
- As a young organization, eleQtron has a flat hierarchy which provides excellent opportunities for self-development and room for growth. Our employees have a high degree of freedom and encouragement to contribute ideas and strategies.
Send in your application with CV and other documents to email@example.com.