Website eleQtron GmbH
eleQtron develops and operates full-stack quantum computers based on trapped-ion technology.
eleQtron develops and operates full-stack quantum computers based on trapped-ion technology. Quantum computing is a new computing paradigm rapidly approaching commercial viability. Our unique approach combines laser-cooled trapped ions with microwave control and tailored magnetic fields. Our next-generation computing machines under development will be able to find solutions to problems that are out of reach today, thus enabling new innovative products and services for a brighter future.
We are looking for a VACUUM ENGINEER.
Responsibilities/What will you be doing?
You will be part of a team with a mission to develop, set up and operate our trapped-ion quantum computers and relevant test devices. You will collaborate closely with our international team of physicists and engineers from different disciplines. Depending on your level of experience, you will work on one or more of the following tasks:
- Develop ultra-high vacuum systems for our quantum computers.
- Design the vacuum chambers and interfaces (optical and electrical) also in a cryogenics environment.
- Discuss specification requirements with vendors.
- Test and operate the vacuum equipment (pumps, gauges, valves, leak detectors, measurement devices).
- Continuously improve the vacuum equipment infrastructure and adapt it to the latest developments.
- Assess safety risk and compliance questions regarding the vacuum system.
Required/What skills do you need?
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in engineering, material science, applied physics or related field.
- Experience with CAD software, e.g., Autodesk Inventor.
- You can fluently communicate and write in English.
- You are creative and enjoy working in a multicultural and interdisciplinary team.
- Communication skills in German would be desirable.
- 2+ years of hands-on professional experience in ultra-high vacuum technology.
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas: cryogenics systems, high-frequency electronics, laser optics, or atomic, molecular, and optical physics experiments.
- Independent mindset, readiness to learn and to apply new software and hardware skills.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary: We value our team members and therefore provide remunerations that reflect this, additionally rewarding particular achievements (55.000 € – 75.000 €).
- Employee participation: Our team can share in the company’s success through an attractive Virtual Stock Option Plan (VSOP).
- Flexible working hours: We offer personal freedom through a variety of flexible work schedules.
- Professional development: We encourage and financially support individual professional development.
- Moving benefits: We will give you a warm welcome! We are happy to support employees who move to Germany with a bonus.
- Team spirit: In our international and diverse team, and with our regular team events, having fun at work is simply part of the game!
- Further development: We want to grow together and so we offer our team members needs-based, individualised further training as well as plenty of room for personal development.
- D. on the Job: Want to work with us while studying for your doctorate? We make it possible.
- Well-secured: We take care of your company pension scheme and offer you a healthcare package.
- At the forefront: Work at the forefront of technology, where academic research meets commercial applications.
- Modern workplace: We have a high-quality infrastructure with laboratory space, offices and meeting rooms.
What you can expect from eleQtron
- eleQtron is a young startup with a unique and flexible working style through our adoption of the agile methodology. We encourage our team to think outside the box and provide access to high quality infrastructure, lab space, offices, and meeting rooms. We strive for an open atmosphere in which developing and commercializing world leading ion-trap-based quantum computers is not only possible, but fun.
- As a young organization, eleQtron has a flat hierarchy which provides excellent opportunities for self-development and room for growth. Our employees have a high degree of freedom and encouragement to contribute ideas and strategies.
- Work at the forefront of technology, where academic research meets commercial applications.
Send in your application with CV and other documents to email@example.com