Website eleQtron GmbH
eleQtron develops and operates full-stack quantum computers based on trapped-ion technology. Quantum computing is a new computing paradigm rapidly approaching commercial viability. Our unique approach combines laser-cooled trapped ions with microwave control and tailored magnetic fields. Our next-generation computing machines under development will be able to find solutions to problems that are out of reach today, thus enabling new innovative products and services for a brighter future.
We are looking for a Magnets Engineer.
You will be part of the team developing our micro-structured ion traps. You will collaborate closely with our international team of physicists and engineers from different disciplines. Depending on your qualification you will work on one or more of the following tasks:
- Work with cross-functional teams on the fabrication of novel microchips for our next generation of trapped-ion quantum computers
- Develop on-chip micromagnetic structures together with our industry partners
- Support the chip design with corresponding simulations and your fabrication experience
- Regularly join our team in Siegen to advance our industrial collaborations
- Master’s degree or PhD in material science, physics, electrical engineering or a related field
- Very good working knowledge of magnetic field mapping
- Hands-on experience in the design of permanent magnets and electromagnets
- Good communication and writing skills in English
- Enthusiasm for solving problems
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: magnetic materials, chip design, microwaves, electronics, opto-electronics, optics, atomic physics, atom trapping, vacuum systems, cryogenic systems
- Demonstration of strong discipline, organized work, and scientific/technical documentation
- Understanding of and/or experience with semiconductor industry standards
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary: We value our team members and therefore provide remunerations that reflect this, additionally rewarding achievements.
- Employee participation: Our team can share in the company’s success through an attractive Virtual Stock Option Plan (VSOP).
- Flexible working hours: We offer personal freedom through a variety of flexible work schedules.
- Team spirit: In our international and diverse team, and with our regular team events, having fun at work is simply part of the game.
- Further development: We want to grow together and so we offer our team members’ needs-based, individualized further training as well as plenty of room for personal development.
- Wellness Package: We offer health-promoting benefits such as fitness programs like UrbanSportsClub and EGYM Wellpass to support your well-being.
- Moving Benefits: A warm welcome! We are happy to support employees who move for us with a bonus.
- Ph.D. on the Job: Work energetically and earn your doctorate on the side? We make it possible.
- At the forefront: Work at the forefront of technology, where academic research meets commercial applications.
- Modern workplace: We have a high-quality infrastructure with laboratory space, offices, and meeting rooms.
What you can expect from eleQtron:
- eleQtron is a young startup with a unique and flexible working style through our adoption of the agile methodology. We encourage our team to think outside the box and provide access to high quality infrastructure, lab space, offices, and meeting rooms. We strive for an open atmosphere in which developing and commercializing world leading ion-trap-based quantum computers is not only possible, but fun.
- As a young organization, eleQtron has a flat hierarchy which provides excellent opportunities for self-development and room for growth. Our employees have a high degree of freedom and encouragement to contribute ideas and strategies.
Send in your application with CV and other documents to email@example.com.